- return the version of the system software
- Print a file thru the finder. Specify file by name or fsspec
- Close a Finder window for folder, Specify by path.
- comment(object, comment=None)
- comment: get or set the Finder-comment of the item, displayed in the 'Get Info' window.
- copy(src, dstdir)
- Copy a file to a folder
- empty the trash
- return the current status of filesharing and whether it is starting up or not:
-1 file sharing is off and not starting up
0 file sharing is off and starting up
1 file sharing is on
- icon(object, icondata=None)
- icon sets the icon of object, if no icondata is given,
icon will return an AE object with binary data for the current icon.
If left untouched, this data can be used to paste the icon on another file.
Development opportunity: get and set the data as PICT.
- Check of processname is active. MacOS9
- label(object, index=None)
- label: set or get the label of the item. Specify file by name or fsspec.
- Open a file thru the finder. Specify file by name or fsspec
- location(object, pos=None)
- Set the position of a Finder window for folder to pos=(w, h). Specify file by name or fsspec.
If pos=None, location will return the current position of the object.
- mountvolume(volume, server=None, username=None, password=None)
- mount a volume, local or on a server on AppleTalk.
Note: mounting a ASIP server requires a different operation.
server is the name of the server where the volume belongs
username, password belong to a registered user of the volume.
- move(src, dstdir)
- Move a file to a folder
- move the object to the trash
- Open a Finder window for object, Specify object by name or fsspec.
- processes returns a list of all active processes running on this computer and their creators.
- Return an object with all process properties as attributes for processname. MacOS9
- puth the object away, whereever it came from.
- Restart the mac
- Reveal a file in the finder. Specify file by name, fsref or fsspec.
- select a file in the finder. Specify file by name, fsref or fsspec.
- Shut the mac down
- Put the mac to sleep
- unmount a volume that's on the desktop
- Update the display of the specified object(s) to match
their on-disk representation. Specify file by name, fsref or fsspec.
- set the audio output level, parameter between 0 (silent) and 7 (full blast)
- windowposition(folder, pos=None)
- Set the position of a Finder window for folder to pos=(w, h).
- windowsize(folder, size=None)
- Set the size of a Finder window for folder to size=(w, h), Specify by path.
If size=None, windowsize will return the current size of the window.
Specify file by name or fsspec.
- windowview(folder, view=None)
- windowview: Set the view of the window for the folder. Specify file by name or fsspec.
0 = by icon (default)
1 = by name
2 = by button